Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations.
- Eligible Candidates
1.Applicants mustbe non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diplomawith good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and beunder the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be underthe age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese language training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35. Chinese language is the only subject available.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45. All subjects including Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
- Application Time
Applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants may contact the above authorities for application details.
- Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English）
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy)
3. Academictranscripts (notarized photocopy).
4. A study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English.
5. Recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Applicants who are already in China shall submit the Admission Notices or Invitation Letters issued by the target universities.
6. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn).
- Application Procedures
All the documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th, 2014, via either the Chinese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s home country or the embassy of the applicant’s home country in China. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned.